Saturday, March 9, 2019

Welcome! 欢迎!


Nihao! 你好! 

Welcome to my Grade 1-4 Mandarin class at Driscoll! Usually I send home students' work and letters to explain their work and performance in my Chinese class. I also want to take the blog as a platform to update what is going on in school and give more resource to support parents and students at home.  

First, I would like to take this opportunity to briefly introduce myself. My name is Wan Wang. Students call me ‘Wang Laoshi’, which means ‘teacher Wang’ in English. I graduated from Huazhong Normal University in China with a bachelor degree in Pedagogy. I did my student teaching at a local school, where I taught 3rd grade students Mandarin. Then I came to US to pursue a master degree of Special Education at Boston College from 2008-2010. After graduating, I taught at a Chinese Immersion Charter School in Amherst, Massachusetts, where I taught Massachusetts curriculum, including math, science, and Mandarin, all in Mandarin for two years.  Then I moved back to Boston and joined Driscoll School since 2012. Currently, I am teaching grade 1 to 4. 

If you should have questions  about Chinese program through the school year, please contact me via email wwang@psbma.org.  





                                                                                                   
                       

No comments:

Post a Comment